Terazosin

Waaronder oxybutynine en glycopyrronium tabletten/spray/creme.

Moderators: Thijs, Erje

Plaats reactie
Thijs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Terazosin

Bericht door Thijs »

Op een internationaal HH site vond ik onderstaande over het medicijn Terazosin en hoe het kan helpen bij compensatiezweet.

USAGE REPORT: 2 weeks of Terazosin use
Been taking Terazosin for 2 weeks now; no side effects noticed at all (aside from it actually helping me get to and stay asleep if I take it just before I get in bed -- I'd say that's a good side effect).
I originally took 2mg before bed / first thing in the morning = 30% less CS.
I now take 4mg before bed / first thing in the morning = 60% less CS.
I haven't tried 6mg yet, but I assume the effects will be even better. My doctor told me that "Terazosin is a pretty benign drug" of which an adult can safely take 12mg per day for long-term, daily use, so 6mg should be fine.
Still sweating normally (CS normal) when very hot (87f or higher) or when exercising heavily. However, when you think about it, the inability to sweat when you're very hot / working out is actually dangerous, so I try to be grateful that I'm able to sweat so well (see what I did there? a little hyperhidrosis humor).
I also noticed that my head and armpits are able to sweat a bit more when I'm on Terazosin (but not my hands, thank god, since that's what I got ETS for in the first place -- they remain nice and dry).
I RECOMMEND TERAZOSIN. IT WORKS MUCH BETTER THAN DITROPAN AND DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE ANY OF THOSE ANNOYING SIDE EFFECTS.

Bron: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/etsandr ... php?t=6199

Op wiki vond ik het volgende:

Terazosin (marketed as Hytrin or Zayasel) is a selective alpha-1 antagonist used for treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate (BPH). It also acts to lower the blood pressure, and is therefore a drug of choice for men with hypertension and prostate enlargement. It is available in 1 mg, 2 mg, 5 mg or 10 mg doses.[1]

It works by blocking the action of adrenaline on smooth muscle of the bladder and the blood vessel walls.

Most common side effects include dizziness, drowsiness, headache, constipation, loss of appetite, fatigue, nasal congestion or dry eyes, but they generally go away after only a few days of use. Therapy should always be started with a low dose to avoid first dose phenomenon.[2] Sexual side effects are rare, but may include priapism or erectile dysfunction.

Het wordt dus gebruikt bij een vergroot prostaat; in Nederland is het bekend onder de naam Hytrin. Ik heb dermatoloog Wim Venema, onze medisch adviseur gevraagd naar zijn mening. Ik adviseer dit nooit zomaar uit te gaan proberen maar overleg altijd met een arts. Ik had er in ieder geval nog nooit van gehoord en vond het het delen wel waard.
Thijs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Re: Terazosin

Bericht door Thijs »

Volgens dermatoloog Wim Venema is Hytrin een Alpha blocker en werkt dit vooral vaak als mensen zweten ten gevolge van medicatie zoals anti psychotica of anti depressiva.
Plaats reactie